- Haitian Orthodox Mission (Haiti; Russian Orthodox Church Abroad) [pictures] [information] [more information] [donate] [another place to donate]
- Theotokos Clinic (Medan, Indonesia; Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople - Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia) [information] [more information] [donate]
- St. George's Food Pantry (Pharr, Texas; Orthodox Church in America) [pictures] [information & donations]
- St. Clement of Alexandria Philantrophic Mission (Nairobi, Kenya) [information] [donate]
- St. Nicholas Uganda Children's Fund (Uganda) [information] [donate]
- St. George Orthodox Military Association (United States) [information] [donate]
- Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (United States; SCOBA) [information] [donate]
Thursday, March 25, 2010
List of Orthodox charities, missionary efforts, clinics, etc.
While looking for organizations and causes to whom to donate our extra resources during the Lenten season, my wife and I compiled a list of various Orthodox charities, missionary efforts, clinics, etc., especially those that are little-known and in need of support. Since I haven't seen anything like the list we compiled anywhere else online, I thought that I might share the fruits of our research with you all and direct you to some of these organizations which provide such a great service to the Church and to all mankind, and which are in need of our help to continue to render their services. I will maintain this blog post as a permanent page and include a tab at the top of my blog with a link to it for ease of reference. I will also update the list with other organizations and causes as I find out about them. If you know of any that aren't listed, please let me know in the comments to this post and I will promptly add them.